API Calcium Test Kit for Saltwater
Item # 199637 / Manufacturer Part # 69L
Monitoring calcium levels is essential for keeping a successful reef aquarium. Reef organisms use calcium to build a calcium carbonate skeleton. Over time, as the calcium in the water is utilized, the calcium level will gradually drop. Calcium must be present for corals to grow.
Even reef invertebrates such as crustaceans, mollusks and encrusting algae require calcium to grow and remain healthy.
This kit allows you to easily and accurately measure the calcium level and maintain a healthy aquarium.
Kit contains: two dropper bottles for accurate dispensing of test solutions, easy to read instructions and a color chart, a non-staining glass test tube with snap-tight cap.
This is a titration test kit, results depend on how many drops are used until the solution turns blue.
No express shipping option
1. Rinse a clean test tube with the water being tested.
2. Fill the tube with 5ml of water to be tested (to the line on the tube).
3. Holding the bottle vertically, add 10 drops of Bottle # 1, cap the test tube and shake for 10 seconds.
4. Shake Bottle # 2 vigorously for 10 seconds.
5. Holding bottle vertically, add Bottle # 2, drop by drop to the test tube until the solution changes from pink to the blue endpoint. Be sure to count the number of drops added. Cap and shake the test tube between drops.
6. As the endpoint is approached, the color will usually change from pink to purple before finally changing to blue. After the purple color forms, only 1-2 more drops should be required to reach the blue endpoint. Use the chart on the back of this insert to determine the calcium level.