Cupramine - 8.45 oz.
Item # 198606 / Manufacturer Part # 566
Copper is a great medication for treating parasite infestations, but copper can be harmful to fish and invertebrates. Seachem's Cupramine is superior in quality to all other forms of copper, including copper sulfate, chloride, and citrate. Most importantly, it is less toxic to fish. Active at low concentrations, Cupramine will take care of those nasty parasites, with no harm to your fish. Remove Cupramine easily with carbon.
|Package Size||8.45 oz.|
|Treatment For||Parasitic Infections|
|Treats up to||1250 gal.|
Directions: Remove all invertebrates. Turn off UV sterilizer; remove chemical filtration. If the bottle has a dropper cap, use 20 drops (1 mL) per 40 L (10.5 gallons*) the first day, wait 48 hours, then repeat. On non-dropper caps, each inner ring is 1 mL. In freshwater use half dose. Final copper concentration is 0.5 mg/L (0.25 mg/L in freshwater). Leave at this concentration for 14 days. Do not redose without testing (MultiTest: Copper). Do not use in conjunction with any other medication. If tank has ever been treated with an ionic copper (e.g. copper chloride, sulfate or citrate), test copper level after initial dosing. Although most fish tolerate Cupramine™ to 0.8 mg/L, it is not advisable to exceed 0.6 mg/L copper. Remove with carbon or CupriSorb.
In case of eye exposure, promptly & thoroughly wash eyes with water & seek medical attention.
CU ^+2 concentration = 10,000 mg/L
Reviewer: Sherry Allen
This is the best to use to medicate for tail rot and ICK. Be sure to dilute in water before dosing.
Best on the market 4/10/2013
I have been in this hobby for over 35 years and by far, this is the best Copper on the market. Do not hesitate by it!