Instant Ocean Hydrometer
Item # 198151 / Manufacturer Part # TK-504
This hydrometer has an easy to read 2-color scale with a safe zone, improved no wet hands design, extra wide stabilizer base, accurate to +/- 0.001, full range scale from: 1.000 to 1.032 in 0.002 increments except in the safe zone, there it is in 0.0001 increments (specific gravity), 0 to 40 PPT in increments of 2 (salinity).
Directions for use:
1. Ensure that the Black Plug is inserted into the flow outlet at the bottom of the hydrometer.
2. Submerge the hydrometer into the water until the water inlets are below the surface of the water. To prevent incorrect readings due to air bubbles forming on the pointer move the hydrometer within the water to be tested for a few moments or until no bubbles are visible.
~a. The S.G. can read accurately with the hydrometer remaining in the water providing it is held such that the surface of the water is exactly at the level of the water inlets.
~b. Alternatively carefully raise the hydrometer vertically out of the water and place on a flat surface. Do not tilt the hydrometer, as water will spill from the water inlets.
3. After use flush the hydrometer with warm fresh tap water to avoid salt deposits which can form on the swing arm and distort future readings.
Continuous Real-time measurement:
1. Ensure that the black plug is removed from the flow outlet at the bottom of the hydrometer and stored in the holding area under the scale.
2. Submerge the hydrometer approx. 15cm/6 in. below the surface of the water. To prevent incorrect readings due to air bubbles forming on the pointer move the hydrometer within the water for a few moments or until no more bubbles are visible.
3. Using the suction cup provided, attach the hydrometer to an inner wall of the aquarium or sump that is easily visible from the outside.
4. Wait a few moments for the reading to stabilize.
5. To avoid salt deposits forming on the swing arm clean the hydrometer once a month by soaking in a cleaning solution for at least 30 mins. Rinse thoroughly before returning to the aquarium.