Magnesium Test Kit - 50 Tests
Item # 203770 / Manufacturer Part # SI017
Salifert test kits are the epitome of accuracy and precision. Their wide range of available tests have all been designed to detect the smallest traces of certain elements, without interference from other chemicals within the water. Simply put, these are the best test kits you can buy- hands down. The sharp, contrasting color changes make results easy to read so there's no second guessing. Trust your aquarium to Salifert.
This precise test will measure small amounts of magnesium without strontium or calcium interference. Saltwater test.
This item not available for backorders.
1. Add with the 2 ml syringe 2 ml of water to the test vial.
2. Add 5 drops of Mg-1 and swirl gently for 30 seconds.
3. Add one spoon of Mg-2 powder (spoon inside) to the test vial and swirl for 10 seconds.
4. Place the plastic tip firmly on the 1 ml syringe and draw into this Mg-3 reagent until the lower end of the black syringe part is at the 1.00 ml mark. Ensure that during this that the plastic tip is submersed in hte Mg-3 reagent to avoid that air bubbles are withdrawn instead of liquid. An air layer between the liquid and the piston is normal. The is air which was present between the end of the tip and the piston, this will not influence the result.
5. Start adding the Mg-3 reagent with the 1 ml syringe to the test vial until the color changes from to gray or blue (whichever color is observed first). Do this drop wise and swirl after each drop for a second or two.
6. Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward and read the position of the upper end of the black syringe part. Each division corresponds to the 0.01 ml. The magnesium concentration can be obtained from the table.
Good test kit & easy to use 8/26/2014
Reviewer: Tim Gonzales
Easy to use. Takes about 5 minutes and you have your reading. I find this to be a bargain. Very reliable.
dependable magnesium results 11/19/2013
Reviewer: Join the Revolution
Been using this ever since day one of my water testing. Highly rated in the hobby. Very reliable and dependable, quick and easy to use.
Make sure you get a decent expiration date on your Salifert test kits.