Poly Filter Pad - Single - 4 in. x 8 in.
Item # 211559 / Manufacturer Part # PF04080-250
Poly Filters work in power filters, wet/dry filters & sumps, undergravel filters and canister filters in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. Removes harmful organics, toxic ammonia, heavy metals, all forms of phosphates, and medications after treatment from aquariums.
Needs no other chemicals, resins, carbon or other additives in freshwater and marine aquarium systems to aid in aquarium filtrationTurns color as it absorbs harmful organics, progressing from white to green to brown and then to black (time to replace). Also turns color when removing medications (blue with copper, red with iron, green with ammonia).Can be cut to any size or shape and also can be rolled into a circular configuration.
Note: Poly Filter will not soften aquarium water or remove trace minerals.
1. Freshwater Application: Add Poly-Filter to any holder or apparatus at any time.
2. Establishing Marine/Reef System: Add Poly-Filter so water can pass through it. For maximum filtration: eliminate all water bypass.
3. Poly-Filter in established marine and freshwater systems: Conventional power filter--place on bottom plate. Cover with gravel or floss. Do not restrict flow. Plastic undergravel filters--Place on top of filter plate. Cover filter and plate with gravel. Canister type power filters--place in the chemical filter department. Add floss accoring to manufacturer's instructions.
4. Medication Removal: (parasite and antibiotic treatments): Remove Poly-Filter from water before any type of medication is added. Follow medication instructions issued by the manufacturer. After treatment is complete, place Poly-Filter back in the water to remove traces of medication. Test water for safe levels. When safe, remove discolored Poly-Filter, dry and save for next medication. Place new Poly-Filter in the water for removal of conventional organics and water purification.
5. Adding vitamins and trace elements: Remove Poly-Filter from water before adding vitamins or trace elements. After 12 hours place Poly-Filter back into the water. Will not remove calcium, magnesium, strontium, baruim, or alkalinity supplements. Poly-Filter will not remove trace elements included in marine salt mixtures.
6. General maintenance comments: Poly-Filter turns color when removing medications. Aqua to dark blue: copper or copper salts. Orange: iron. Bright red: aluminum. Bright yellow: ammonia, amines or solvents. Dyes: color of the solution when added, ie. methylene blue: pale blue, malachite green: light green, Tannins/Humanic acid: dark brown, organic wastes: light tan progressing to dark brown. Poly-Filter extends time between water changes. Add de-chlorinated water to make up for evaporation loss. If pH shifts below acceptable levels, change water and add a new Poly-Filter. Heavy slime producing water conditioners can surface coat Poly-Filter and interfere with absorption performance. In marine water, soak in 3% hydrogen peroxide then rinse (in freshwater) well. In freshwater soak in 10% marine salt water solution then rinse (in freshwater) well.
poly filter 49 hexagon tank 3/29/2015
used it and immediately I noticed a difference I am
Excellent additional filtration 5/6/2013
Reviewer: Bob Krupak
I use Poly Filter as additional filtration in my caninster filter and it really enhances the filter's performance. This is a fine product.