Replacement Quartz Sleeve for Aqua UV Sterilizers - 40W
Item # 210888 / Manufacturer Part # A10040
Replacement Quartz Sleeve for a 40 watt UV sterilizer.
Approximately 36" L x 7/8" W
|Compatible Models||40 WATT AQUA UV BULB|
Replacement of Quartz Sleeve:
1. Unplug system, turn pump off remove Lamp and transformer. Drain the Housing
Note: If you have the Wiper option, fully extend the wiper rod outward.
2. Untwist EZ Twist Top. This will release the Quartz Sleeve Assembly. Pull The Quartz Sleeve Assembly straight out of the housing.
3. Untwist Quartz Cap. Push Quartz Sleeve up through EZ Twist Top. Be careful not to break the Quartz Sleeve. Handling broken glass can cause injury. If your Quartz Sleeve is broken protect your hands before servicing.
4. Discard old Quartz Sleeve and Rubber Seal.
5. Be sure the EZ Twist Top has the O-ring inside then re-install EZ Twist Top without Quartz Sleeve. The Rubber Seal should be about 1/4” down from the open ended side of the Quartz Sleeve. Insert the Quartz Sleeve through the EZ Twist Top straight into the housing. Be sure the Quartz Sleeve is seated in the cup inside the bottom of the unit.
Note if you have a the Wiper Option: Wet the Wiper Blades and the outside of the Quartz Sleeve with water, do not use any lubricant. Push the rod completely into the unit and insert Quartz Sleeve through the blade(s). Please note units that use 40 Watt Lamps have 2 Wiper Blades, be sure to insert Quartz Sleeve into both Blades. Be sure the Quartz Sleeve is seated in the bottom of the UV Body.
6. Gently push the Quartz Sleeve and Rubber Seal in to the EZ Twist Top until only ½ the rubber seal is visible. Twist on the Quartz Cap. Do Not Use any tools tighten by hand.
7. Turn the pump on, start water flow through the system and check for leaks. If the unit leaks in one or more of the following areas, see installation manual on the web at aquaultraviolet.com. If there are no leaks continue to step number 8.
8. Unscrew the Davis Connector located behind the Transformer Cap, this allows your Transformer Cap to spin freely.
9. Plug the Lamp flush into the Lamp End Connector before inserting the Lamp into the unit. If the Lamp is not plugged in all the way it may cause damage to the unit and is not covered under warranty.
10. Insert the Lamp straight into the Quartz Sleeve. Be careful, inserting the Lamp at an angle, even a slight angle, can cause a "U" shaped crack in the Quartz Sleeve.
11. Twist the Transformer Cap onto the Quartz Cap. Do not over tighten. This is a connection only and is not in contact with water.
12. Tighten the Davis Connector back on to the Transformer Cap.
13. Check for Leaks See Number 7.
14. If there are no leaks, plug unit in to a GFCI outlet.