Calcium Test Kit - 50 to 100 Tests
This calcium test will detect the smallest fluctuations of calcium in saltwater reef aquariums so you can be sure your corals and other invertebrates are receiving an adequate amount for their general health and growth.
This item not available for backorders.
|Number of Tests||50-100|
1. Add with 2 ml syringe 2 ml of water in the test vial. For a low resolution and more tests per kit add 1 ml instead of 2ml.
2.Add 1 level spoon of Ca-1 (low resolution approx. 1/2 spoon). Do noy mix it yet.
3. Add 8 drops of Ca-2 to the water in the test vial, and swirl gently for 10 seconds. For low resolution 4 instead of 8 drops.
4. Put the plastic tip firmly on the 1 ml syringe. And draw into the syringe the Ca-3 reagent (ensure that the end of the plastic tip is constantly submersed in the Ca-3 reagent) till the lower end of the black part of the pistion is exactly at the 1.00 ml mark. There will be air present just below the piston. This is the air which was present between the end of the plactic tip and the piston. This will not influence the test result.
5. Add dropwise with the 1 ml syringe the Ca-3 reagent to the water in the test tube. Swirl after each drop a second or Continue with this until color changes from pink-red to a clear blue color.
6. Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward and read the position of the, now the upper end, of the black part of the piston. The syringe has graduations of 0.01 ml. Read the Calcium value from the table.
If you have chosen for the lower resolution multiply the calculated result by 2.
Natural sea water contains 425 - 450 ppm calcium. Use salifert`s Coral Calcium for good results.
Ratings & Reviews
by Michael Churnside
Best Calcium test kit that I have used. It is very reliable and accurate. It is easy to use also. This is a must buy product in my opinion if you have a reef tank.
Very cool test kit
by J Allen
I never thought I would call a test kit cool, but this one is. It comes with 2 little plunger syringes and a tiny spoon to help you measure out the testing elements into the vial. There is no waiting time with the test kit and it is very easy to use.