Dear That Fish Place - That Pet Place Friends & Family:
Updated 4/1 - First and foremost, we want to ensure you that we WILL REMAIN OPEN for business. We are considered an ESSENTIAL BUSINESS to ensure the care of our animals and yours.
We have taken many measures to ensure you and employees a safe experience while shopping at our store during this time
1. Call Ahead/Curbside pickup NOW AVAILABLE! See below of options to access
- Call the store at 1-888-THAT-PET between the hours of 8AM and 5PM Monday through Saturday, and between the hours of 10AM and 6PM on Sunday.
- Place your order with our call center reps. They are available between the hours of 8AM and 5PM M-Sa and between the hours of 10AM and 6PM on Sunday.
- When you arrive, call our store at the local number - 717-299-5691, option 9. This will alert us that you are here and ready for your items. There are signs out in the parking lot explaining this part as well.
- There are 4 designated spots for pickup parking in the lot now.
- Note - our website does NOT contain our entire store inventory, but the call center can look up your prior purchases if you're a Pet Rewards member. This is in case you're not sure exactly the product you need.
2. Order Online - Pickup in Store Option Now Available
For those living in Pennsylvania, you'll have the option to Pickup in Store on our Ecommerce website. If your order is placed this way, you will receive a phone call when it is ready for pickup at our Lancaster, PA location. Please note, our website, at this time, does NOT contain all of our in-store inventory, so if there's something you're not seeing, please call the store at 1-888-THAT-PET during business hours
3.For the time being, our store will be open from 9am to 7pm Monday through Saturday, and 10am to 6pm Sunday.
4. We are taking additional steps to keep pets and people safe in our store. Please see the list below
- Our associates will continue to follow regular cleaning procedures using a disinfectaant formulated to kill Corona virus, among other germs
- We have postponed all store events until at least mid May. We feel the responsible course of action is to not actively encourage large groups in our store.
- We have closed the Pirate’s Cove Touch Tank as well as our ‘Ted E. Bear’ area to discourage additional socializing and time in store.
- In addition to normal cleaning rotations, staff cleaning processes now include - disinfecting all carts, touch screens and credit card terminals, pagers, tank glass, bathrooms, shelving and other high-traffic and high-volume areas and devices. - In addition to our normal clea ning procedures, our team will add additional cleaning rotations including but not limited to: Disinfecting all carts, touch screens and credit card terminals, pagers, tank glass, bathrooms, shelving and other high traffic and high-volume areas and devices.
- All of our staff have been instructed and encouraged to stay home if they exhibit any sign of illness.
- We have implemented a special checkout process to allow for greater social distancing and to allow cleaning of each checkout station (including credit card terminals, touch screens, styluses and countertops) between every transaction.
- All floor employees are to wear protective gloves (except for those with allergies to the available glove materials, these employees are provided access to hand sanitizer for frequent hand cleaning).
- Employees have been asked to refrain from interacting with your pets. Though our animals (thankfully) are immune to coronavirus, we are concerned with the spread of 'people germs' by repeated petting. Along these same lines, we are also limiting customers from handling animals prior to purchase.
- Dog license and dog tag sales have been suspended until further notice to maximize staff attention on essentials.
- Centerville Pet Rescue, Feathered Sanctuary and That Groom Room are closed until further notice. Anyone with an appointment scheduled will be notified.
- On the Ecommerce side - we have suspended livestock & frozen food shipping as of 3/24/2020 to continue to focus on essential services.
To date, there is no evidence that companion animals or pets can spread COVID-19 (per CDC guidance). For the latest information about coronavirus and pets, we encourage you to visit the links below:
Finally, we know That Fish Place - That Pet Place is a fun place to come and hang out - and we love each and every one of you for looking to us for your supplies as well as your entertainment - but we must ask you to please consider the current state of affairs before coming simply to browse. For the time being, we must encourage you to come in, get what you and your pets require, and going back home. If you are sick, please stay home. Our team will do our best to help entertain you on our Facebook page :)
We at That Fish Place – That Pet Place thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter and wish you and your entire family good health during this time.If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to call 717-299-5691 or email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Team at That Fish Place – That Pet Place