API Phosphate Test Kit for Freshwater and Saltwater
This kit allows you to easily and accurately measure the phosphate level and maintain a healthy aquarium or pond. It does 150 tests.
Kit contains: two dropper bottles for accurate dispensing of test solutions, easy to read instructions and color charts, one non-staining glass test tube with snap-tight cap.
Range is as follows for freshwater and saltwater: 0.0 PPM, 0.5 PPM, 1.0 PPM, 2.0 PPM, 5.0 PPM, 10.0 PPM.
Available only to the continuous 48 United States via ground shipping methods
|Number of Tests||150|
|Indicator Method||Color Change|
1. Rinse a clean test tube with water being tested.
2. Fill the test tube with 5 ml of water to be tested (to the line on the tube).
3. Holding the bottle vertically, add 6 drops from Phosphate Test Solution Bottle #1. Cap the test tube and shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
4. Now, holding the bottle vertically, add 6 drops from Phosphate Test Solution Bottle #2. Note: Bottle #2 contains a very thick solution and may require increased pressure to release drops.
5. Cap and shake the test tube vigorously for 5 seconds.
6. Wait 3 minutes for color to develop.
7. Read the test results by comparing the color of the solution to the Phosphate Color Card. The tube should be viewed in a well-lit area against the white area of the card. The closest match indicates the ppm (mg/L) of total phosphate in the water sample.
Ratings & Reviews
Didn't come with the salt water test kit so had to buy this.
Well worth it though. Came with everything needed; test tube, two solution bottles and charts, etc.
It works but
by Nathine Goldenthal
IT works but readings are not tight enough. Phospates between 1 amd 2.0 is quite a range. For a quick test not bad