Poly Filter Pad - Single - 4 in. x 8 in.
Shop in Retail Store
Ship to Home
Ship to Lancaster, Pa Store
Note: Poly Filter will not soften aquarium water or remove trace minerals.
|Compatible Models||All Filters|
|Package Size||1 pk.|
2. Establishing Marine/Reef System: Add Poly-Filter so water can pass through it. For maximum filtration: eliminate all water bypass.
3. Poly-Filter in established marine and freshwater systems: Conventional power filter--place on bottom plate. Cover with gravel or floss. Do not restrict flow. Plastic undergravel filters--Place on top of filter plate. Cover filter and plate with gravel. Canister type power filters--place in the chemical filter department. Add floss accoring to manufacturer's instructions.
4. Medication Removal: (parasite and antibiotic treatments): Remove Poly-Filter from water before any type of medication is added. Follow medication instructions issued by the manufacturer. After treatment is complete, place Poly-Filter back in the water to remove traces of medication. Test water for safe levels. When safe, remove discolored Poly-Filter, dry and save for next medication. Place new Poly-Filter in the water for removal of conventional organics and water purification.
5. Adding vitamins and trace elements: Remove Poly-Filter from water before adding vitamins or trace elements. After 12 hours place Poly-Filter back into the water. Will not remove calcium, magnesium, strontium, baruim, or alkalinity supplements. Poly-Filter will not remove trace elements included in marine salt mixtures.
6. General maintenance comments: Poly-Filter turns color when removing medications. Aqua to dark blue: copper or copper salts. Orange: iron. Bright red: aluminum. Bright yellow: ammonia, amines or solvents. Dyes: color of the solution when added, ie. methylene blue: pale blue, malachite green: light green, Tannins/Humanic acid: dark brown, organic wastes: light tan progressing to dark brown. Poly-Filter extends time between water changes. Add de-chlorinated water to make up for evaporation loss. If pH shifts below acceptable levels, change water and add a new Poly-Filter. Heavy slime producing water conditioners can surface coat Poly-Filter and interfere with absorption performance. In marine water, soak in 3% hydrogen peroxide then rinse (in freshwater) well. In freshwater soak in 10% marine salt water solution then rinse (in freshwater) well.
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent additional filtration
by Bob Krupak
I use Poly Filter as additional filtration in my caninster filter and it really enhances the filter's performance. This is a fine product.
poly filter 49 hexagon tank
used it and immediately I noticed a difference I am