API Ammonia Test Kit
Item # 199677 / Manufacturer Part # LR8600
High ammonia levels decrease the efficiency of a fish's gill functions as well as the amount of dissolved oxygen the aquarium water can hold. Test for toxic ammonia in your fresh or saltwater aquarium. Reads from 0 to 8 parts per million. Test kit comes with test tube and can perform 130 tests.
Available only to the continuous 48 United States via ground shipping methods.
Directions for testing Ammonia:
1. Fill a clean test tube with 5 ml of water to be tested (to the line on the tube).
2. Add 8 drops from Ammonia Test Solution Bottle #1, holding the dropper bottle upside down in a completely vertical position to assure uniformity of drops added to the water sample.
3. Add 8 drops from Ammonia Test Solution Bottle #2, holding the dropper bottle upside down in a completely vertical position to assure uniformity of drops added to the water sample.
4. Cap the test tube and shake vigorously for 5 seconds. Do not hold finger over the open end of the tube, as this may affect the test results.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the color to develop.
6. Read the test results by matching the test solution against the ammonia color chart. The tube should be viewed against the white area beside the color chart. Color comparisons are best made in a well-lit area. The closest match indicates the ppm (mg/L) of ammonia in the water sample.
good product 4/16/2014
use this on ponds and aquariums...
accurate and a must have