Red Sea - Aiptasia-X - 60 ml
Aiptasia-X is the highly effective, long sought-after Aiptasia treatment every reef aquarist is looking for. Natural components form a uniquely thick, adhesive material : eliciting a feeding response in Aiptasia . The adhesive form also seals the anemone's mouth, preventing the release of planula, or larval stage anemones. Within minutes, the Aiptasia will implode, eradicating the anemone and the planula.
Excess material will decay harmlessly and is harmless to other invertebrates and fish. Click here to view review of Aiptasia-X from reef expert Steven Pro.
Before using Aiptasia-X treatment in the aquarium, turn off all devices that cause water motion and leave off for approx. 15 mins. After administering the Aiptasia-X material.
1. Shake bottle vigorously.
2. Assemble the needle to the syringe by rotating the needle until it locks in position.
3. Inser the syringe needle into the bottle and fill the syringe with Aiptasia-X material.
4. Slowly advance the tip of the needle closer and closer to the oral disk of the Aiptasia anemone to be treated while gently releasing small quantities of the material. Let the anemone tentacles close over the needle.
5. Spread the solution all over the anemone's coral disk. The tentacles will start to shrink and release the needle. It is important to cover the entire disk with material to prevent the release of the planulas.
6. To treat small Aiptasia colonies, spread the solution all over the infected area.
7. Treat as many anemones as possible in a single treatment.
8. If you need to refill the syringe with more material make sure that there is no salt water inside the syringe before placing it inside the Aiptasia bottle.
9. Any residual solution can be left in the aquarium to decompose naturally.
10. After completing the treatment and to prevent blockage in the needle, flush any residual material from the syringe with hot water.
Store the Aiptasia-X at room temperature.
Ratings & Reviews
by harry friedman
product works great, but must catch the aiptasia early or they will take over the reef.
This stuff really does the trick. I had about 6 - 7 aiptasia of different sizes pop up in my Biocube 14. I followed the label directions and they all disappeared without a trace. It's been a week and i can find any new ones.