Retail Store Livestock Guarantee Policy
That Fish Place strives to supply the aquarium community with the finest quality aquatic livestock available. For this reason we offer all our customers a limited 14-Day Guarantee on all fish, invertebrates and live plant purchases made at our Lancaster, PA retail store. The only items that are not covered by our livestock guarantee policy are listed on our Restricted Species List. In the unfortunate event of any loss, That Fish Place will refund the full purchase price of any animals lost during the guarantee period.
Terms & Conditions
• Refund will be issued for purchase price of the item.
• The guarantee is void unless That Fish Place Acclimation Procedures are strictly followed.
• Guarantee does not cover species listed in our Restricted Species list.
• Purchases must be taken home promptly, losses due to delays void the guarantee.
• Guarantee is valid for fourteen (14) days only, starting when the item is purchased.
• Specimens must not exhibit signs of physical trauma, such as torn fins, scratches or bite marks.
• Must have store receipt.
• Must present dead specimen.
• Must have a separate sample of your aquarium water (8 oz.) NOT containing the dead animal.
• Your tank must be established and in good condition. Your water quality should meet That Fish Place standards:
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 30 ppm
pH: Specific to livestock purchased (contact a Fish Room associate for details)
Specific Gravity: Specific to livestock purchased (contact a Fish Room associate for details)
• Guarantee is valid for fourteen (14) days only. We must be notified of any losses within this time period. If you cannot return the live purchase within this period, please call 717-299-5691 (option 7) or email to email@example.com.
•If you suffer a loss after the acclimation period and your loss occurs outside of our normal store hours, simply make sure that your loss is promptly reported via e-mail. The date appearing on your loss notification e-mail will validate your compliance with our guarantee policy.
• Animals on this list are either very difficult to keep in the home aquarium or are highly susceptible to loss during transportation. Beginner level aquarists, or aquarists with aquariums less than 6 months old, should not purchase any of the species on this list. No credit or refunds will be offered on restricted items on this list under any circumstances.
• Any items not covered by our Guarantee Policy are labeled with a yellow sticker on the tank and are listed on signs in the Fish Room. A full Restricted Species list is available on our web site.
• Restricted items include but are not limited to all anemones, shrimp, starfish, nudibranchs, cucumbers, sponges, feather dusters, and select fish and corals. Customers requesting any of these animals waive any responsibility on the part of That Fish Place for dead arrivals or animal losses normally covered within our 14-day replacement period for unrestricted species.
• We are also not responsible for the existing fish in your aquarium or for fish sold as "starter fish" for new aquariums. Guarantee does not cover fish purchased for new aquariums (less than 6 weeks old).
• Management reserves the right to exclude any items from the guarantee policy at any time.
Tips for New Livestock
• That Fish Place highly recommends the use of a quarantine tank for all new purchases. We choose the healthiest possible livestock for our customers, and we manage our holding systems in an effort to prevent disease. Stresses of shipping fish, and introducing them into new environments, puts a heavy strain on any live animals immune system, and problems can occur despite our best efforts and yours.
• Leave the lights off in your tank after you have introduced your new animal. This reduces stress in your new animal, and may reduce aggression toward your new fish by established inhabitants.
Live Plant Guarantee
• Live plants from That Fish Place are also covered under our limited Arrive Alive 14-Day Quality Guarantee. Our plants are guaranteed to arrive alive, ready to plant in your aquarium or pond, and survive for at least 14 days. No acclimation is necessary for aquarium or pond plants; however, it is recommended that the plants be inspected upon arrival and gently rinsed to remove unwanted debris.
• In the unlikely event that any item in your live plant order arrives dead or dies within 14 days after arrival, please follow the Claims procedures as described above. No claims will be honored if you have not contacted us within the guarantee period.
• Live plants are not guaranteed to be snail-free. We do our best to visually inspect all plants prior to purchase and remove any snails we see but we cannot guarantee that snails will not be introduced with your new plants. For tips on removing nuisance snails, please contact our associates or visit our article, Dipping Plants to Eliminate Snails.
237 Centerville Road
Lancaster, PA 17603