Most Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Is your livestock covered by any guarantee?
Q: When will my Livestock order ship?
- Most of our live items are covered by our 14-day Arrive Alive Guarantee. Restricted Items are not covered by this policy for any reason. View the full Livestock Guarantee Policy and Restricted Species list for full details. Any losses must be reported to us within the 14-day guarantee period and we do require verification for any losses.
Shipping charges are not covered by our livestock guarantee policy and are non-refundable.
Q: How much does it cost to have live plants and animals shipped to me?
- Live orders (fish, invertebrates) are shipped FedEx Standard Overnight or FedEx Priority Overnight Monday through Thursday for delivery Tuesday through Friday.
- Live plants and live rock orders are shipped via FedEx 2-day express Monday through Wednesday for delivery Wednesday through Friday. Shipping upgrades to overnight shipping are available for an additional fee.
- Orders placed before noon (Eastern) are generally shipped the same day. Orders placed after noon are shipped the next shipping day.
- PayPal Orders Only: We cannot hold or modify orders placed with PayPal. PayPal's policies do not allow us to hold orders for more than three days after they are placed. Depending on when the order was placed, this may mean that the payment authorization is expired before the order is scheduled to be shipped. In this instance, a livestock department representative will contact you regarding the options for your order.
Q: How do you ship live plants and animals?
- Live Fish/Invert Charges:
- *Standard Overnight: $34.99*
- Priority Overnight: $54.99*
*Live fish, coral & invert. orders under $50 will receive an additional handling charge of $25
- Live Aquarium Plant Shipping Charges:
- Standard 2-day Plant Shipping: $14.99
- Live Rock Shipping Charges:
- Packages are shipped free via FedEx 2-day Express. You may upgrade the shipping method to Standard Overnight or Priority overnight for an additional charge.
- Please contact a livestock representative for upgraded shipping quotes at 1-877-367-4377.
- *Standard Overnight where available only, priority rate may apply. Shipping charges are not covered by our livestock guarantee policy and are non-refundable.
- Livestock orders are packed and shipped in a separate facility from dry goods and cannot be shipped with dry goods.
- We make every effort to make transit comfortable and safe for livestock. We review the temperature and destination for every order, and pack the livestock accordingly. Fish and invertebrates are triple-bagged and packed with heat packs or ice packs (as needed) in insulated styrofoam containers and cardboard shipping boxes. Plants are carefully wrapped in wet paper and plastic then shipped in standard FedEx shipping boxes (with heat packs or ice packs as needed).
- *Heat packs are usually taped to the lid or side of the box. These packets should be discarded after delivery; do not add these packets or their contents to your aquarium.
- We always attach a copy of your invoice/packing list and our Guarantee Policy inside the box.
Q: Where does That Fish Place - That Pet Place ship Livestock?
- Livestock shipping is available only within the contiguous 48 states (except California). We cannot ship livestock internationally (including Puerto Rico) or to Alaska, Hawaii or California. View our complete list of aquatic plant shipping restrictions.
- We are unable to ship livestock to APO or PO addresses.
Q: Can I specify size, color or sex?
- Sizes of livestock items offered can vary by supplier, collection area, and time of year. We do not assign specific measurements to live items, but rather general sizes (small, medium, large, XL). If the actual size of a fish or invertebrate you are considering is a concern, please speak directly to a livestock representative to discuss the items you're considering. We do not sell any fish by sex other than those specifically listed as "male" or "female". We cannot guarantee that the fish can be successfully sexed or that the ratio of male/female you request will be available.
- Please be aware that coloration within species may be quite variable. The specimen you recieve may not look exactly like the representative photo on the site do to these natural variations in color or markings. If you have a request for a specific color in any of our assorted items, you contact the Livestock Mailorder department at 877-367-4377 or email@example.com. We try to fill special requests when possible, but cannot guarantee the preference.